Please join us at the CollageCollective for our open house, etc.
Collage Open House:
Sunday January 13. 1-5 pm.
Winter Doldrums Open House!
Come watch demonstrations of different collage techniques.
Come make a collage yourself.
Perfect time to come see what we do at The Collage Collective.
Refreshments & Music.
Demonstrations at: 2pm: Alexandra making backgrounds using magazine transfers.
3pm: Ellen making Gesso prints and glazing them.
4pm: Ann demonstrating the peeled paper technique.
Saturday & Sunday, January 18 & 19. 10-4pm
I am often asked to teach this workshop. Mixing color is a lost art. In this two day workshop we will learn to mix colors from scratch using acrylic paint. Participants will be asked to choose a palette of 12 colors. We will paint a variety of papers with these colors which will be used in the future for collage. Paints and paper included, $210. Parking available. Bring a lunch.
Winter Monday Night Collage Bee:
Dates: February 4, 11, 18, 25, March 4, 11, 18, 25.
In my Cambridge studio. 8 classes from 6:30-9pm. Come and be together in exploration of different collage materials and techniques. Emphasis will be on finding a personalized lexicon of images and colors. Materials included, parking available and good company a certainty. This is a wonderful class for beginners wanting to get started and seasoned artists looking for new ideas. 8 Weeks, $245 includes all materials.
Saturday Collage Workshops & Saturday Themed Workshops:
All Saturday Workshops begin at 1pm and go to 6pm. The cost is $75, which includes all materials.
• Sat. February 9: Classic Collage
• Sat. March 2: Minimalism & Collage
• Sat. March 30: Classic Collage
• Sat. April 13: Wassily Kandinsky & Collage
• Sat. April 27: Classic Collage
• Sat. May 18: Springtime Explosion
• Classic Collage: All ‘classic’ collage workshops will begin with a drawing, painting or printmaking exercise to loosen up and get out of the
head and into the body. The materials we make will then be cut up for collage. Open and recommended for all levels.
• Themed Collage: This is where collages are made to emulate a style or atmosphere of a certain theme. For example, in “Minimalism &
Collage” I will present the history of the art movement Minimalism, then we will make spare and simple painted papers to create collages
stripped down to their essentials. Great for all levels.
• Minimalism & Collage: Stripped of static and unnecessary noise, using a palette of creams and grays, make spare and simple collages.
• Wassily Kandinsky & Collage: Abstract, dynamic, explosive with a sense of whirling energy systems. We will explore Kandinsky and make
collages that reflect his sensibility.
• Springtime Explosion: Using a palette of spring colors we will make Paste Paper - the technique of covering papers with a mixture that can
be patterned, combed, textured and stamped. Collages will be made with the papers we make.
Spring Monday Night Collage Bee:
April 1, 8, 15, & 22. May 6, 13, & 20. June 3.
Same description as above.
Drop In Classes:
Thursdays & Fridays, 1pm-5:30pm
Every week my studio is open from 1- 5:30 for what I call drop-in. No instruction given but I will give advice, consultations and technical advice. $40 for the afternoon. Simply email me in advance a day or two. Bring your own materials or pay $5 extra for mine.
Upcoming Snow Farm Classes:
• 2 Day Workshop - Collage Intensive
25-27 May 2013
12-14 October 2013
• 5 Day Workshops - In Depth Collage
April 28- May 4 2013
11-17 August 2013
6-12 October 2013
Reservations & Payment:
To reserve a space in any class, please send your choice of class & dates, with a check payable to: Alexandra Sheldon and should be sent to: 32R Essex Street Cambridge, MA 02139.
*All Class information can also be viewed on my website here
32r Essex Street, Cambridge MA 02139